Pages

Monday, January 28, 2013

Happy Anniversary Pride & Prejudice

Today marks the 200th anniversary of the publication of Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice. 



There is a read-a-thon at the Jane Austen Centre in Bath, as well as numerous other activities across the globe. [It's days like these where I miss college the most, knowing many of my English classes, and professors, would be celebrating in style.]

To celebrate this momentous occasion, I intend to read my Annotated Pride and Prejudice and make a post to this here blog. And I hope to rehash my undergrad lectures--women in literature, romance, british lit--and post something intelligent, not just a grouping of my favorite quotes. There is so much to say about this book: the woman who wrote it, the characters that evolved from it, and where it fits in education and literature.

No comments:

Post a Comment