Pages

Monday, December 15, 2014

2015 Read Harder Challenge

Trolling the interwebs this morning, I came across Book Riot's 2015 Read Harder Challenge.

What a delight! I have set some of my own big reading goals for my 28th year of life--reading more hefty classics and reading e-books--but I like this a lot. Part of the reason I recently started volunteering for my local library's home delivery program is because I get to encounter other readers who have different interests than me. My patron, in particular, likes WWII and non-fiction. So not my jam. But, I really like the diversity this challenge encourages. And it breaks down to about two tasks per month, fairly doable. Perhaps I can make it happen!

Here's a recap of the breakdown
(You should really check it out on the website, though.)
  1. written by someone when they were under the age of 25
  2. written by someone when they were over the age of 65
  3. short story collection
  4. indie press publication
  5. LGBTQ view
  6. written by a person whose gender is different from your own
  7. that takes place in Asia
  8. with an African author
  9. written by/about someone from an indigenous culture
  10. in the microhistory genre
  11. in the YA genre
  12. in the sci-fi genre
    The Handmaid's Tale - Jan 2015
  13. in the romance genre
  14. that won the National Book Award, Man Booker Prize or Pulitzer Prize in the last decade
  15. that is a retells a classic story
  16. on audiobook
  17. collection of poetry
  18. recommended by a friend
  19. originally published in another language
  20. in the graphic novel genre
  21. a guilty pleasure
  22. a book published before 1850
  23. book published this year
  24. self-improvement book
Oh, and if you decide to play along, make sure to use #ReadHarder on social media!

No comments:

Post a Comment