Pages

Sunday, March 22, 2015

Academic Endeavors in Literature

I recently came across a lot of papers I'd saved from high school and college classes, and I took note of a few of the books I read. College is probably less worth noting, since it's so specific to class interests, but I do find the high school list interesting. I feel like I had such a different experience than some of the people I went to high school with, not to mention people in other areas. I mean, I didn't even read Price & Prejudice? I did my best guessing on how to properly identify the works, italicizing and putting in quotations, but I admit I don't know that they're correct. Also, this definitely isn't a complete list. Like, I really think I read Great Expectations in high school, and there are a whole library of books missing because I didn't find info on my YA class and others from college and grad school.


High School English
-Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte
-A Tale of Two Cities by Charles Dickens
-Canterbury Tales by Chaucer
-Crime and Punishment by Fyodor Dostoyevsky
-A Separate Peace by John Knowles
-"A Raisin in the Sun" by Lorraine Hansberry
-Adventures of Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain
-Lord of The Flies by William Golding
-My Antonia by Willa Cather
-The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald
-"Othello," "Macbeth," "Henry V" "A Midsummer Night's Dream," "Taming of the Shrew," "Hamlet," "Romeo & Juliet"
-Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte
-"A Visit of Charity" by Eudora Welty
- "A woman on a roof" by Doris Lessing
- "The Five Fourty Eight" by John Cheever
- The Scarlet Letter by Nathaniel Hawthorne
- "Birches" by Robert Frost
- "The Yellow Wallpaper" by Charlotte Perkins Gilman
College Women and Literature
-"Oroonoko" by Aphra Behn
-Pride & Prejudice by Jane Austen
-Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte
-A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini
-Beloved by Toni Morrison
-Fingersmith by Sarah Waters
-"A Room of One’s Own" Virginia Woolf
College The British Novel in the 19th Century
-Pride & Prejudice by Jane Austen
-Lady Audley’s Secret by Mary Elizabeth Braddon
-Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte
-The Moonstone by Wilkie Collins
-Great Expectations by Charles Dickens
-Mary Barton by Elizabeth Gaskell
-Jude the Obscure by Thomas Hardy
-The Rebel of the Family by Eliza Lynn Linton
 College Kinship and Class in 19th Century Britain
-The Dead Secret by Wilkie Collins
-Great Expectations by Charles Dickens
-Oliver Twist by Charles Dickens
-Sybil by Benjamin Disraeli.
-Frankenstein by Mary Shelley
-Cranford by Elizabeth Gaskell

 

No comments:

Post a Comment